We are currently preparing our Accountants Research Report for 2017/18. One very clear take out from this year’s research is that there are 2 distinct types of accounting practices:
- The Strategic Innovators - who are using change to create new value. These practices are strategically changing their service offer and revenue model and substantially growing their fees, profits margins and SME client base;
- The Majority - who are sceptical of success or lack the confidence to change their practice revenue model. These practices are facing pressing challenges to maintain their fee growth rates, improve cash flow and profit margins.
The Report discusses these challenges in more detail and features:
- Key strategic threats facing the accounting profession;
- Top business concerns and needs;
- What thought leaders are doing to grow their practice;
- Proven growth strategies and opportunities:
- Implementation model - ‘Product’ specialists;
- Leverage - improving staff engagement;
- Solutions SMEs, Dentists and other Medical/Health professionals want from their accountant;
- Family Office Services Model;
- Industry and services specialisation (e.g. SMSF) and partnering;
- Future of professional advisory services.
The Report presents practical solutions for accountants to adopt from practices that are changing, including commentary on their growth, improvement and succession planning aspirations.
We encourage accountants to use the Report to take action and initiate changes that will grow their practice revenue.
The Report is supported by BT Financial Group and, following the release of the report Bstar and BT will be holding a series of complimentary research briefing events:
- Learn more about the Report’s insights;
- Hear from Bstar’s CEO - Grant Bloxham; and
- Better understand how BT Financial Group’s Panorama solution can support accountants to grow their business.
Register your interest in receiving the Report* and to attend the research briefing events by completing the information below.